Documents required for ISP License Application in India
Here is the list of 4 sets of documents needed to apply for an ISP license in India:
- Company Documents
- Application form for Unified License
- FDI Related Documents
- Letter of Intent
Company Documents Required for ISP License
- A certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation (COI) of the company issued by the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- A certified copy of the Memorandum of Association & Article of Association (MOA & AOA) highlighting the provisions which include Internet Services as the main objectives of the company.
- Written Consent Letter from the company’s board of directors regarding the decision of the company to apply for a new ISP Licence and details of the authorized signatory including name and designation along with the specimen signature signed & stamped by a Company Secretary.
- Certified copy of Form-18 along-with the copy of the challan form i.e. GAR-7 (in case the registered office address is not mentioned in the Certificate of Incorporation or the address shown in the Certificate of incorporation is different from that given in the application form).
Application Form for Unified License
- Duly filled application form as prescribed by the Department of Telecom (DoT), on the company letterhead signed by the authorized signatory. The form should be mailed directly to ADG(LR-1), Department of Telecommunications, Room No. 1021, Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110117.
- A complete list of the Directors of the company with their details and the complete equity structure of the company. This disclosure needs to be attested by a Company Secretary.
- One time processing fee of INR 15,000/- (non-refundable) to be paid via Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “Pay & Accounts Officer (HQ), DoT” payable at New Delhi.
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Documents Required for ISP License
- You need approval from FIPB if the composite FDI in the applicant company is more than 49%. If it is, a duplicate copy of FIPB Approval for the Applicant Company has to be provided after being certified by the Company Secretary.
Letter of Intent
- After the Department of Telecommunication reviews your ISP License Application, a Letter of Intent is issued to your Company by the DoT. Based on the review process, it can take up to 60 days to receive the LOI.
If the application is not approved or any clarifications are needed, it can take longer than 60 days and a followup letter will be sent to you and if you do not respond to it in a timely manner, the application will be rejected.
Having said that, the team at Wiber has the required process in place which you can use in order to apply for your ISP license and receive it without any rejections.
- After the Letter of Intent is issued by the DoT to the applicant of ISP License in India, you need to submit the one-time fee and Bank Guarantees
- All documents required for ISP License Application in India must be duly signed by the authorized signatory.
- The Department of Telecom (DoT) can make amendments in any laws without any prior notice and any such changes will be applicable to your ISP license.
So the above 4 sets of documents are needed to apply for an ISP license in India.
Please note that the Department of Telecom (DoT) monitors the application forms very seriously and if there are any empty fields, the application will be rejected. There have been many such instances where the application forms for ISP applications were rejected due to blank fields. If a specific field is not applicable, please mention ‘No’, ‘Nil’, or ‘Not applicable’.
If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to Team Wiber and we will be delighted to assist you.